When we started looking for a dog friendly place to stay in North Norfolk, the Blakeney Cottage Company really stood out… From cosy snugs to enormous houses, they have a fantastic selection of cottages that are all so beautifully decorated and well equipped that you won’t want to go home!
We chose the Barn Owl Cottage as our base to explore the North Norfolk Coast. Situated in Upper Sheringham, this one bedroom cottage is dog friendly and has it’s own enclosed, private garden area.
Everything about the cottage was just as we expected from the photographs, if not better! Tastefully furnished, excellently presented and immaculately clean. There were also a number of useful appliances including a slimline dishwasher and a washer/ dryer.
We loved the shutter blinds… and the king size bed!
The enclosed garden was easy to access from the patio doors which gave the living area an open feel and also let a lot of light into the cottage.
Elsa enjoyed exploring the cottage when we arrived. We always take her toys and bedding on holiday with us so she settled in very quickly, making herself right at home.
- Car parking spaces available
- Perfect location for exploring the North Norfolk coast from Cromer to Wells-next-the-Sea and beyond!
- The cottage is only a stones throw away from Sheringham Country Park which is an ideal place to go walking. The grounds are easily accessible through a nearby access gate.
- Don’t forget to take your own dog bedding and bowls as there are none in the cottage.
- Prices vary throughout the year and there is a small additional charge for staying at the cottage with your dog(s).
After spending many hours searching online for somewhere suitable to stay we were delighted to stumble across the Blakeney Cottage Company’s website. Nowhere else compared to any of their cottages in terms of style combined with excellent locations, so we really felt that we got value for our money. The booking process was straightforward and we had no issues throughout our stay, apart from not wanting to leave! We’d definitely recommend staying in one of their cottages.
The Granary, High St, Blakeney, Holt NR25 7AL